Friday, December 9, 2011

"Line Of Sight"

0001- Line Of SightIMG_2723-Edit

"Line Of Sight"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another abstract I made during one of our walks down Finestera street this past week. I saw the sunlight reflecting off the wall and carefully positioned the camera to just have the front wall connect with the back wall above it.  That left just a slight sliver of black to contrast off the bright yellow of the sunlight.

Both walls were heavily textured because of the concrete construction process used down here.  I accentuated those textures in Lightroom with a combination of adjustments.

Next, I adjusted the colors, hues, and contrasts of the scene to arrive at the color palette I wanted for this image. The subtleties of textures and colors playing against the bright yellow streak of light make for an enjoyable visual experience.

Camera specs: Canon 7D filler with 18-200mm IS lens at 145mm F8.0 @ 1/200 second, ISO 320.  Enjoy!  -David

______________________________________________________

Hey gang, I’m shortening the post up early today.  It’s the last day down here with our friends, Cindy and Ralph who will be leaving tomorrow, so we’re hanging with them all day. 

Over the weekend I’ll re-cap our HOTS Image Competition and Review.  It went great BTW.  I’ll also post the winning images and prizes too.  Lot's of folks asked when we’ll be doing it again.  I’ll let you know on Monday.

Have a great weekend in what ever part of the world you live and I’ll see you bright and early on Monday.

Adios Everybody,  David

No comments:

Post a Comment