Monday, December 19, 2011

"Baby, It's Cold Outside!"

Baby, It's Cold Outside

"Baby, It's Cold Outside!"
©David A. Ziser

In keeping with the holiday spirit and our wintry weather I thought I would post one of my favorite candid wedding images of years past.  This image was made nearly 12 years ago during my digital debut of shooting my very first digital wedding with my very first digital camera.  I was a little nervous about shooting digital for the first time. You can bet that I had my medium format Hasselblad gear in the trunk of my car – just in case. The fact of the matter is that I didn't resort to film at all on that December 30, 2000 date.

I don't exactly recall in what mode I was shooting but I suspect I was in, dare shall I say it, “P” for “professional” mode ;~) I remember it being quite cold and blustery that day. I still love this image of the bridesmaids rushing up the front church steps trying to get inside where it was warm and cozy.

I love how the patches of snow throughout the scene accent the girls’ petticoats peeking out from under their dresses as they scurry up the steps. It's a fun, storytelling moment that easily represents the winter nuances of this particular wedding day.

Camera specs; Fuji S-1 Pro fitted with Nikkor 18-35mm lens at 18mm, F 4.0 @ 1/70 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment